Sunday, August 22, 2010

Clinton, New Jersey - Vintage Abounds!!


I recently did a "North Jersey" tour of estate sales, including a liquidation sale at a fabulous shop in Clinton, NJ. I have blogged about Blu Daisy before (Antiques with Urban Attitude), and now that I have visited their shop, I have to say, I am sad to see them go. However, the visit allowed me to be introduced to Clinton, NJ, and all the other vintage shops, antiques, and overall charm of the town! While I unfortunately had not brought my camera, I still wanted to share what I learned about this town, and encourage you to check out this great website. Some highlights:

The Hunterdon Art Museum
and the Red Mill Museum Village

The Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast


Events (from the Clinton Guild brochure):
Aug 30, 1pm: Music Grand Finale on Main Street and Center Street

Oct 30, 4-9pm: PumpkinFest. Carved pumpkin contest and carriage rides

Nov 27-29: Dickens Days. Olde fashioned holiday celebration with daily performances, carriage rides, holiday decorations and more!

Dec 13, 1pm: Anual Christmas Parade

Dec 17, 5:30pm: Candlelight Night. Late night shopping, carriage rides and in-town specials.

Finally, I would like to specifically recommend a lovely shop called "HeartStrings" (no website), 10 Main Street in Clinton (908-735-4020). The beautiful cottage-style furnishings and home decor will leave you breathless, as it did me.

Enjoy! Until the next pickin' weekend...

1 comment:

  1. This is a fascinating blog, Mona. Intrigued by it.

    Love Clinton - covered it on NJ WILD (my Packet blog) awhile ago.

    There is the sense of stepping through time's veil, whenever one arrives in Clinton.

    Their art museum is full of thought-provoking memorable (usually/always?) New Jersey art, often on the cutting edge.

    The heavenly Ken Lockwood Gorge is nearby, whose trout waters are legends in our region. Being there is like being in the high reaches of Colorado, all glistening stone, ferns and luminosity. I've met fishermen there who had caught 50 trout the previous evening.

    Eating on the river (the Raritan - who knew it was so pristine?) is always a treat.

    Thank you for reminding me and initiating others.

    Carolyn Foote Edelmann

    ReplyDelete