Sunday, May 16, 2010

Beautiful weekend for picking!

What's better than a garage sale?? A block-wide garage sale!! Heaven! I even set the alarm so I could get there when it all started. Block garage sales are fun, because there are a lot of people, and everyone is really friendly.



It's hard to say who was enjoying themselves more...the buyers or the sellers!


I love this little nook...check out the coke bottles on the top of the railing!


The night before, I was up waaaaaay too late doing some ironing. I can remember my mother ironing once a week when I was growing up...unbelievable! For a while it was very therapeutic...the smell of clean cotton and the satisfaction of crisp linen...but after 10 table cloths, 6 pillow cases, 25 napkins, etc...it got old!




I had a display at the Princeton Elks Club today - they have a flea market every Sunday. It's in an artistic area which is also rich in antiques, so it's in the perfect location...between Princeton NJ, and New Hope Pennsylvania - both great weekend destinations.


I spent a lot of time working on my display...I checked out the Etsy Flikr photo album featuring other crafters' displays, and got some great ideas from some very talented people. It's still a work in progress, but here's what it looked like today:



I made three sales, so this continues to be a good venue - I did make my first sale there a month ago. I'm still working on the best way to market and sell my items, and am toying with another "home sale", garage sale style. This time, however, I'll put more time and effort into the advertising, and put up more signs in more strategic places. Ideas are welcome!!

Finally, my "find" of the week - this great little cut glass lamp! I was getting ready to purchase the base by itself, because that's all that was displayed, when the lady running the sale told me that she was going to throw out the shade because it had a small chip, and would I like to see it? You bet!! As you can see, it's beautiful, and the chip is barely visible!


I hope everyone had a great weekend! Until next time...
Mona Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment